I have quite a colorful collection, I believe, so let's do this!
Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player or iTunes on random.
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from. Those guessing the songs should post in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. (SEND ME COMMENTS, PLEASE)
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly and post the title in bold after the stricken song when it is guessed.
Step 5: (for those guessing the songs) If you look up the lyrics on Google or any other search engine, that's called cheating, so don't do it!
It was the sound of a crescendo
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
2. You can shake an apple off an apple tree
Shake-a shake-a sugar, but you'll never shake me!
3. Move yourself, you always live your life,
Never thinking of the future
4. Hey old man, rest your head
You're breaking down inside
5. Something mysterious falls to the Earth
Maybe a blessing, maybe a curse!
We may look as different as the night is from day
My Little Pony: Equestria Girls - Helping Twilight Win the Crown
7. A falling star fell from your heart
and landed in my eyes
8. The old man turned off the radio
Said "Where did the old songs go?"
9. What's going on, could this be my understanding?
It's not your fault, I was being too demanding
Model D-575 has custom flute presets and harmony plus in addtion
Gotye - State of the Art
Worn out places, worn out faces
Gary Jules - Mad World
12Just one spark is all it takes
I tried so hard, but it all goes up in flames
All ends with beginnings
Daft Punk - Get Lucky
14. Long lost words whisper slowly to me
Still can't find what keeps me here
15. Voodoo man, come and take my hand,
Voodoo man, to the promised land
16. Well I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
17. I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
18. I grew up seeing things a little differently,
Appearing, disappearing, hardly tied down to the ground
19. She'll only come out at night
The lean and hungry type
I keep it caged and I can't control it
Skillet - Monster
Suppressed by all my childish fears
Evanescence - My Immortal
With the salt of my sweat on my brow
The Prince of Egypt - Deliver Us
23. Touch, I remember touch,
Pictures came with touch
24. Get up in the morning, I can't keep it in
Falling all over myself I could jump right out of my skin
And it makes a fiery ring
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
26. Take the last train to Clarkesville,
And I'll meet you at the station
27. Everyday my metal friend
Shakes my bed at 6 a.m.
28. If you're blue and you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits?
29. Don't fret precious I'm here
Step away from the window, go back to sleep
With its ringmaster, wide-eyed and 10 meters tall (Japanese song)
Vocaloid - Dark Woods Circus
BONUS 10 (because )
31. Hot down, summer in the city,
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
32. I'd be rocking with the dinos, swinging with the rhinos
I'd re-dragonize this cave in a minute!
33. </span>When I’m alone
I dream on the horizon
and words fail;
yes, I know there is no light (Italian)
34. Well this thing called love
I just can't handle it
35. There are few who deny at what I do, I am the best
For my talents are renowned far and wide!
36. Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Could you be the devil, could you be an angel?
Katy Perry - ET
38. Where are we?
What the h*** is going on?
39. I judge by what she's wearing
Just how many heads I'm tearing off of a******* coming onto her
40. There's a drumming noise inside my head
It starts when you're around